fmAddNewConfigurationDialog, fmEditExistConfigurationDialog, fmPreferences - Store Configuration.
This section describes how to create, edit or delete a configuration name (a labeled, and later re-callable connection to the Magento database), how to create multiple configurations (connections), and how to switch between your Magento stores.
To start working with your store, you have to first select, or create your Store Configuration (a re-callable connection settings name; It is a good idea to use your store name, or some other easily recognizable label). You can thereafter easily load your configuration, using the label (selectable from a drop-down list) from your previously saved configuration settings (subsequent changes can be made, and re-saved if required). Later, you can select any configuration from the drop-down in order to switch between previously created stores, greatly simplifying and facilitating your workflow.
To start, please go to Settings-> Preferences -> Database Connection tab (F12)
Store Manager allows you to perform the following actions on your connection settings:
1. Create new configuration/connection settings. If you want to create a new configuration:
This will create a new, stored configuration. You may create as many database connection settings as you require in case you have installed Professional Edition of the program.
Standard Edition of Store Manager allows setup and use only one store configuration !
2. To work with the Embedded (default) configuration, select the corresponding Action from the drop-down list. Working with the local (Embedded) database is much faster than working with the remote one.
3. To clone your configuration with all its settings, select the Clone configuration action.
4. Rename configuration. You can easily rename your configuration by following these simple steps:
5. To delete your configuration select the appropriate action from the drop-down list and confirm it. Note that this action is irreversible!
6. To save current / all configurations and their settings, select the relevant choice from the drop-down list. This option can be used if you would like to move your connection settings to a new PC or to completely uninstall and (optionally) reinstall Store Manager.
7. To load your local database configuration select the Load configuration action, and browse the contents of your local folders to navigate to, and select the required configuration. This option can be used if you would like to move your connection settings to new PC or to completely uninstall and (optionally) reinstall Store Manager.
Consider the following guide for more information on current theme:
1. Quick Start Guide >