fmImageLoadForm, fmResizeImageSettings - Image Gallery
Gallery of images represented by the toolbar where you can:
- add a new image to the selected product;
Press the button and choose the image from the local hard drive or from ftp server .
To configure image resize rules, hit the appropriate button - - and open the creation form.
1) add new image rule button - - helps create the desired image size with specific parameters
2) delete option -- allows to remove rule from the list.
- edit selected image - - calls form where you can change the image or image label in the appropriate fields;
- delete option - - serves for removing image file from the gallery;
- 'Download' button - - it is the direct option which helps you find the necessary media on your computer or ftp serverat once.
- resize rule button - - enables to set own parameters of product image.
Magento allows you to add Thumbnail, Small, and Base
images. When first creating a product, as you will not have previously uploaded any custom
images, all three image fields will be blank.
To add images to the product, click the [...] link, and you'll see the Load Image form.
Select an Image by either:
Browsing the contents of your local folders and selecting an image. When you
press the OK button, on the edit form, it will be uploaded to the 'Images directory', via FTP. When a local image selected, the field will display the local image
path (ex: C:\My Images\some_image.jpg). The local image path will be replaced with the image name, some_image.jpg, after uploading.
Selecting an image stored remotely, by browsing the contents of the FTP folder, previously specified as the 'Images directory'.
to open the 'Image Resize Rules' window, click the relevant button.
If your images have different format you can specify the necessary size of your media files. As default the images are loaded without resizing but when you press specific button you have an opportunity to set your own size for
The resize image rule form appears which helps you to perform the following operations:
- add new resize rule - - you can specify the required width and height for your media files -
- delete existing rule -
- abolish your previous entries - ;
- apply the changes you have made - .
To create your own resize rule press ‘Add rule’ button and fill the appropriate columns as:
the name of new rule;
desired weight in pixels - if you specify only the weight parameter for media files, the image view will change proportionally to the specified size;
desired height in pixels - If you fill both - the width and height columns - the image size will be changed accurately to these proportions.
Additionally, you have to check one of the appropriate fields:
1) if the image should reduce its size based on parameters you have specified - check the ‘Decrease Size’ column
2) If the picture has to be increased to desired size - mark the second one - ‘Increase size’.
Press the 'OK' button to save all your changes.
In the 'Preview' column of product page you can see the base image of the products,
all media gallery assigned to the specific product you can find in the lower product menu ribbon in Image Gallery tab.
Among the other options you can find the one called 'Preview images'. By clicking on it you access to all the existing list of product images in one row.
During new image assignment you may receive the following message:
When you press 'Regenerate name' option the image name will be changed by the program automatically to avoid the duplication in image titles on the FTP.
If you choose the second variant - this media file will be saved on over the existing one with the same position on the server.
You can reject this action by pressing 'Cancel' option as well.
In addition, you can also change the image position up -
- or down -
- by using the options from the top toolbar (see an illustration above).
Also, check the article(s) below, for additional useful information:
By eMagicOne Inc.